Sunday, June 3, 2012

DIY Deodorant

Lauren and I also decided to get crazy and make a homemade deodorant today.. We'll see how well it works!
The Ingrediants:
Baking Soda 1/2c... Had at home
Cornstarch  1/2c.... Had at home
 Coconut Oil  5 tbl... $9.99 and I only used half the jar when making double this recipe.




 You could also add some essential oil to make it smell pretty, I just didn't have any at home.




Melt the Coconut oil so that it is liquified and then add the cornstarch and baking soda. The consistency wasn't as thick as we had wanted so we just kept adding equal parts corn starch and baking soda till we got the consistency just right... or so we thought. The next morning it had solidified.  




I decided to melt it back down and then stick it inside a tupperwear container that I had lined with wax paper. Then when it hardened again I took it out. It looks like a bar of soap and works perfect. I wrapped some crinkled newspaper around mine so that it wouldn't get all over my hands while I was putting it on. :P 

1 comment: